Charlotte, N.C. -- SEC Network, a new sports network devoted to the Southeastern Conference and operated by ESPN, will debut nationwide on August 14 at 6 p.m. ET with a three-hour SEC Now that will visit every SEC school and the 21 sports within the SEC. The following 14 days will feature an array of events and specials, including customized programming to feature 14 schools in 14 days with team previews, greatest games and SEC features leading into the network's first college football game on Thursday, Aug. 28, Texas A&M at South Carolina.
In addition to expansive college football programming to kick off the season, the network will also showcase its commitment to elevating sports across the conference with both men's basketball and women's soccer events airing on the television channel and 15 soccer matches being carried live as SEC Network + events on SECNetwork.com and WatchESPN.
SEC Network will begin a regular slate of studio shows and fall programming following Thursday, Aug 28.
Highlights of 14 Schools in 14 Days:
• SEC Team Previews - every SEC team will have its own 30-minute college football preview show with analysts Greg McElory and Booger McFarland breaking down the team's potential for the 2014 season
• "Best of" games: each school, over 14 days, will have a marathon of great games from the last 5-10 years
• All-Access: four 30-minute specials taking viewers inside preseason practices throughout the conference as teams prepare for the 2014 season
• SEC Football BCS National Championships - the SEC won nine BCS National Championships, including seven consecutive titles between 2007 and 2013. On Saturday, Aug. 16 SEC Network will air an 18-hour marathon of SEC BCS National Championship wins
• SEC & The Heisman - on Sunday, Aug. 17 viewers have the chance to relive SEC games featuring standout performances from SEC Heisman winners; The games will be followed by a one-hour special with the SEC greats who have taken home the most prestigious trophy in college sports and an SEC Rewind game from 1980 featuring two Heisman trophy winners - Georgia's Herschel Walker and South Carolina's George Rogers
• SEC Storied - an ESPN film series from the creators of the Peabody and Emmy Award-winning 30 for 30 series, focusing on the people, teams, moments and events that tell the ongoing story of the SEC
• Men's Basketball - three games from the Kentucky Men's Basketball Big Blue Bahamas Tour will air live on SEC Network August 15-17 at 1 p.m.
• Soccer - Georgia at Ole Miss will kick off the soccer season on SEC Network Friday, Aug. 22.
August 14 - 28 Schedule Highlights:
Additional Programming Information
• 2014 Fall Slate of Programing on SEC Network
• Football Schedule: All 14 SEC football teams to play on SEC Network in First Four Weeks
• Volleyball and Soccer Schedule: SEC Volleyball and Soccer Quintuples with launch of SEC Network
• SEC Network + Schedule
• SEC Nation Schedule
• SEC Storied Slate & Schedule
The Southeastern Conference and ESPN have signed a 20-year agreement through 2034 to create and operate a multiplatform network which will launch August 14, 2014. The new network and its accompanying digital platform will carry SEC content 24/7 including more than 1,000 events in its first year. The network will televise 45 SEC football games, more than 100 men's basketball games, 60 women's basketball games, 75 baseball games, and events from across the SEC's 21 sports annually. Programming will also include in-depth commentary and analysis in studio shows, daily news and information, original content such as SEC Storied, spring football games, and more. AT&T U-verse® TV, Bright House Networks, Charter, Comcast Xfinity TV, Cox Communications, DIRECTV, DISH, Google Fiber, LUS Fiber, PTC Communications, Time Warner Cable, NCTC, NRTC, NTTC and Wilkes Telephone will carry the television network nationwide at launch. Hundreds of additional live events from various sports will be offered exclusively as SEC Network+ events on WatchESPN and SECNetwork.com through AT&T U-verse, Charter, Comcast, Cox, DISH, Google Fiber, Suddenlink, NCTC, NRTC and NTTC authentication.